My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
www.greenislescrafts.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Joey's Mini Book WIP


I was gifted with a rather large stack of 4" beer coasters the other day. Bob looked at me like I was silly. "The kids can't use that - it has BEER on it!" *giggle* Well look at my beer coasters now! Do YOU see any beer? Nope, I don't either!!

Joey is making this little mini book for his Dad. I helped him cover the coasters and bind in the pages last night.

He picked the papers from the huge batch that I got from Costco ages ago. It's about the same weight as the Stampin Up Designer Series Paper, so it's sturdy enough to be used for the interior pages as well.

You can use any DSP you have on hand. Our pages are scraps by the way, cut at 3.5 x 7.5. Score and fold in half for perfect fit.



Each page is sealed at the bottom with Sticky Tape so that it becomes a pocket for card stock "tags". He is going to put journaling and pictures on the tags and is still making different shaped tabs to pull them out with.

He got started on the this page with a picture from Arizona. The guy was his diver for six months. We moved out of district, so they hired a bonded courier service to transport Joey to and from school every day. He was the most patient and wonderful man!

<---- THIS was his standard pose at that age. Anytime a camera appeared.. he did this cocked head and pointing finger thing. heh.

So anyway - Joey will work on it a little here and some in Texas with his Dad this summer.

Cute huh?



1 comment:

  1. Extremely cute!

    thanks for sharing :-) Love re-using old beer coasters - I'll have to keep my eye out for some...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin