My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
www.greenislescrafts.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Honor Roll


This layout is so fun. It's got a lot going on for an 8 x 8 page. Did I mention that before? I was gifted with an 8 x 8 album and I really like the size.

The picture is from a couple of years ago, but Morgan just loved the hat and wanted to use this picture. We played with it in photoshop and both agreed that with so many elements and colors on the page, the picture should be black and white. She's not competing with everything else... she stands out this way.

Then we scanned and shrunk Morgan's report card and included the ribbon given at the Honors Assembly. (I have a LOT of these ribbons in my Mementos box!) The embellishments are cute little things that I've had for ages.

Did you notice the wood grain on the left. That was made by scoring the card stock then sweeping the stamp pads over to roughly transfer color. I used More Mustard, Close to Cocoa and Really Rust Classic ink. It's a super fast technique and you can get a lot of different looks with different colored card stock for a base and different inks. Give it a try!

2 comments:

  1. Love the composition, and I totally agree with the B&W pic - excellent! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing new techniques with us. I greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin