My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
www.greenislescrafts.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jazz At the Beach



Jacksonville Beach Sea Walk Pavillion is home to the Summer Jazz Concert Series.  The music is awesome.  Our good firend is the stage manager and he does a wonderful job of it!

This layout repeats shapes.  The scalloped circles on the paper, the punched one behind the two step stamped motiff and the metal embellishment follow the rule of three.  

The title block was a bookmark prototype that I'd made a while ago.  I repeated it's matting on the photo and used the ribbon from a bow that was on a gift - because it used colors from the title block and some from the photo.  This tied the two together better.  The ribbon was wired, so I pulled out the sweetest little copper wire and used it to wrap both the title and the embellishment; bringing the color from the photo subtly into the rest of the page.

Till next time,

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'm glad you are pointing out different aspects of your work...I didn't even see the wire at first. I'm sure the photo doesn't even do the page justice. Your work is beautiful, my friend...thanks for posting it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin