My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
www.greenislescrafts.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Precious Girl


This was taken at the Jacksonville Beach Summer Jazz Series. Morgan and I tend to shelter from the sun under umbrellas. The light blew out the black of her umbrella and nearly washed this picture out completely.

Photoshop can color correct with no problems but in the class I'm taking I did something new today. We created a vintage hand tinted image. First I cropped the pic and reduced the saturation. A sepia tone was added and finally I colored her cheeks, lips, eyes and shirt on separate layers.

Then I added a frame from the class and used brush stamps to put the flourish under my title.

The text effect is not part of the class... or at least not that I know of. It's a pillow emboss after a white stroke was put on the text. (These are layer styles.) It makes it look like it's enameled. Fun fun.

4 comments:

  1. Tee, I'd be all over a class like that if I had time. I'm going to have to put that on my wish list. You are too much!
    Does Morgan always look like you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mama Cache. I have Photoshop Elements, but can only do basics. Your pics are amazing.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee, you're my hero! Well done and so inspiring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you guys emails, but thought I'd put it here too. The class is one of the free classes that she offers. It's online and you can work on the stuff any time of day that works for you. She's teaching in CS4 but you can do it in Photoshop 7 or Elements as well.

    There's always something to learn and the photo tinting was so fun! Even if the rest is old hat to me, I'm glad I took the class.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin