My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
www.greenislescrafts.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

White Fused Plastic Journal - Recycle Reuse


Another book in my journey to make something beautiful from the bin (waste bin that is).  Vibrant and tactile, this journal is a keeper.  Fused plastic takes time and patience but knowing that I'm keeping these pieces from the landfill, or worse, destroying our already suffering marine wildlife makes the work so fulfilling!


I've designed a unique closure for this book and made the tie or wrap out of the handles of the bags.  Again, nothing wasted!  Maybe that'll be my new moto. *wnk* 


It just begged for brightly colored stitching, so out came Joey's favorite - Lime Green - cord.  Matching bookmark.

The process creates unique pieces.  Even with the same materials, this book can NEVER be duplicated exactly.

OHHH!  This journal was featured in the Etsy Treasury Color me Joyful!  Sweet!

Size - 7" (17.8 cm) x 5" (12.7 cm) and 1.18" (3 cm) thick
Paper - 240 pages (both sides) of 24 lb writing paper

Recommended Uses
  • Writing - Yes
  • Sketch - Yes
  • Washes- light
  • Stamping -Yes

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments make me smile!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin