My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
www.greenislescrafts.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Tan Leather Journal - Felt Lined with Original Art


This piece of leather is so soft that I decided to line it with black felt to give it more body.  It's machine stitched at 1/4 " from the edge.

The design on the front is a freehand doodle.  I used a strip of this leather for the bookmark.  This image makes it appear that there's a flaw in the leather, but it's only a place where the nap is laying down.  You can brush your hand across this leather and see the marks.  Great for finger doodling!
 
I stitched the signatures to the cover with a bright blue cord and wanted something special for the closure. It just begged for silver beads and a metal star button.  Don't you think?


Inside, I used the last of some 24 lb acid free resume paper that I had.  It has a smooth surface and is marbled in gray.  Each signature has a piece of blue marbled paper around it.  They are so inviting that I think I'm going to do something to the pages of some of the future books as well.  hmm? Yes, I do mean inviting.  You just want to start writing your story as soon as you open this book!

Size - 5.5" (14 cm) x 4" (10.2 cm) and 1.18" (3 cm) thick
Paper - 192 pages (both sides) of 24 lb resume paper

Recommended Uses
  • Writing - Yes
  • Sketching - Yes
  • Washes- very light
  • Stamping -Yes

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments make me smile!

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin