My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 8 seconds. If not, visit
www.greenislescrafts.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Internet Explorer 8 - Got Problems?

If you have a Windows machine and you've been a good doobie and downloaded the updates then you've been given the opportunity to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8. Were we good doobies?  Sure sure. Personally, I'm a Firefox and Chrome girl, but we used IE where I used to work.  Anyway, it was a slug and in the words of a wonderful girl I used to know in Texas, "That dog won't hunt!"

This fix does work for some people. *nodding*  Although it really shouldn't.  See what this does is correct registry entries for a core library for IE... something that should never ever be a problem in the first place. Still it worked for the Doc's computer over a year ago and I just had to apply it to a computer I was working on for a friend.

So, I thought that you guys might be having some issues as well. 

WINDOWS XP

  • click Start, then Run
  • type cmd and press Enter
  • enter this command and press Enter:
  • regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
  • restart

WINDOWS VISTA/WINDOWS 7

  • click Start, then All Programs, then Accessories
  • right click Command Prompt
  • click Run As Administrator.
  • enter this command and press Enter:
  • regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
  • restart 










You should get a confirmation window and then you can close it as well as the command prompt window.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other issues you need help with.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin